History of Our Institution

our_historyMeipporul Kalvi Kazhagam is a long cherished dream of Late Mr. K.S.S. Sivavadivel Udayar, a ceaseless social reformer and freedom fighter. He contributed 12 Acres of land at Meipporulnagar, Durgalaya road, Thiruvarur which was nearby his native village Akkaraikotam, for the upliftment of poor and downtrodden section of the society. Our founder had profound knowledge in music and he has done a research for a decade in thavil and nadhaswaram. He has honored two mirudhangists and Nadhaswaram vidhvans every year with a title for the immaculate excellence in their respective field. He had a deep insight into literature and therefore he has rightly coined the term MEIPPORUL for the organisation.

 “Meipporul Kanbadhu Arivu” means that Knowledge is to extract and assimilate the truth in it. , He imparted the same in young and tender minds to nurture the holistic development of a student. Our founder has committed himself selflessly to the noble cause of shaping young and tender minds of his region by starting up a home for “helpless and needy” children in the year 1945. He manifested dedication to his mission, excellence in his accomplishments and humility in his attitude. In the year 1953, the then Governor of Chennai state,  Honorable. Mr. Sreeprakasa visited and showered blessings on our students.